Sunday, July 31, 2016

Nagai Koto Chapter 016

The Long Journey Until I Reunite With You


Big Brother



TN: Expletives abound in this chapter. It was the only way to make the character feel even remotely similar to the original. Also, if anyone knows Egyptian lore, please help! We can’t figure out who or what シャークリュ (Shakryu as translated here) is, but Neferti is referred to in a later chapter.



Velt, what happened? You're staring off into the distance. (Forna)

Nothing really. Just, giving my thanks to someone, somewhere far away. (Velt)

What does that mean? (Forna)

Not much. Here, I bought the ribbon, let's go. (Velt)

Ah, w, wait a minute! After this we, we usually have tea and cake somewhere, ah, hey wait a minute! (Forna)



I did a little too much service. Even though she's a child, being spoiled too much isn't good, so this should be enough for today. Time to go home now, and practice making ramen and…



Bastard, you trying to start a fight!? (???)



I heard an angry voice. It's sensei's. However it happened, we heard sensei shout angrily for once, so we naturally quickened our pace. I understood when a crowd had appeared in front of the shop. Wondering what in the world was going on, I pushed my way through the crowd, only to see a single person seated at the counter.



I'll say it as many times as I have to. This disgusting enthusiasm, sickening smell, and what's more this small, shitty excuse for a store! (???)

Woah there, sorry if I offended you, but that's just how this shop is. (Melma)



Sensei was in an argument with a mysterious man. He wore a purple mantle, decorated with the emblem of the Elfashia kingdom. The somewhat small man had long orange hair was tied back. What stood out, though, was the spear leaning against the counter, decorated with skull markings.



Laraana seemed to be shaken and was crying. What is she doing even though she's an adult, I thought, but I’ll forgive her because she looks cute. The problem is the foulmouthed mystery man.



Hm? Hey, Forna I, I think I remember that guy. (Velt)

What a coincidence, Velt. I seem to remember that man as well. (Forna)



With complicated and disturbed feelings, we watched as sensei and the mystery man continued their "conversation."



More than that, I can’t let you off on these shitty things you call chopsticks. What’s with them? You can't even eat this crappy looking stuff with a fork. The thing I can handle the least is the taste. Even though it's horrible, why does it taste so good? (???)

Haa? Kid, what's with you coming into this restaurant here spewing shit this and crap that?! And more than that it's horribly good you say? Why don’t you tell me what about my ramen is it that you're saying is disgustingly... good? What? (Melma)

Are you kidding me? Garlic? There’s no way it wouldn’t be crap be putting in soup, so why is it so good?! It's addictive! (???)

O, oh. (Melma)



Ah, we know this troublesome man that's stupid in the head.



Brother Farga! (Forna)

Farga! (Velt)



At our words, the man turned to look. With a glare as sharp as a dagger, he was the man we thought he was.



Yo. Dumb sis. Stupid bro It's been two years? (??? à Farga)



That man is not only Forna's brother and two years older, but has been away from the country despite being the prince.



Wh, What? Hah? The princess' brother? Eh? (Melma)



Having learned that the man is Forna's brother, sensei turned pale. Well, it's only natural. After all, who would think that this repulsive man was actually a prince?



Elder brother. It, it has been a long time. Ever since you joined the adventurer's guild and left the country after becoming a hunter, I have not heard from you. What have you been doing? (Forna)

Well I mean I got away from home after fighting with the king and queen, but I somehow ended up coming back! (Farga)



It's been two years. In spite of that, the sharp and condescending glare in his eyes was still going strong. That exchange of words with sensei earlier was just the same as always.



Hmph, so little sis'. How many kids have you had since I left? (Farga)

What? (Forna)



..........................?



Tch, you look like you're married like that. Dumb bro. I told you make her pregnant when I was gone didn't I? Did you forget I was going to make myself king when I came back? Goddamn couple. (Farga)



Yep. His train wreck of a mindset is still going strong. If I remember correctly, he was fifteen years old two years ago, so he’s seventeen now right? The same age as Asakura Ryuuma was. If he went to school, he absolutely wouldn't make any friends at all.



Wait, why do I even care?



Screw you man! Thinking about how we met back then, you said some really crazy shit! Use your common sense, idiot! (Velt)

Haa? You worthless dumbass who can’t even get it up, it’s cause of your stupid dick and it’s weakass white stuff. (Farga)

I'm ten years old, there's no way we’d be doing it! Care about your sister's chastity a bit more! (Velt)

Chastity? This damn kid. Not only no kid, you haven’t even had sex yet? (Farga)

Of course we haven't! Aah, I can't take it anymore, talking with this guy is disgusting. (Velt)



He is Forna's real brother, Farga Elfashia, heir to the throne. However, there were some family circumstances and he fought with his parents and ran away, just another delinquent you can find anywhere. There were rumors going around about how he joined the adventurer's guild that exists all throughout the continent, like how he defeated demonic beasts, subdued groups of thieves, and even managed to take down a giant dragon.



Brother, please don't speak so improperly in public! (Forna)



Yes, that's it, tell it to him straight, little sister.



Velt and I have our own order to things. At the very least, please wait until we are twelve years old to expect children! (Forna)



Don't go saying something that'll make me feel bad! Brother and sister both, don't make your stupidity level go up! (Velt)



I can't take it anymore. That's right, when these two are together, it always gets worse. I've been responding to their idiocy all along, but ever since my memories as Asakura Ryuuma returned, something has felt more uncomfortable. Right as I was deciding to change, someone troublesome came back.



So, you, why'd you suddenly come back? Make peace with the king? The queen's not here though. Been away on an expedition for a while. (???)

Peace? 'Course not. If I'm here, the big man will just chase me away. (Farga)

The big man, huh? Hey hey, you're rumored to be the strongest hunter in all of humanity, what could you be scared of. (???)



My interest was piqued, and as I passed by Farga...


The damn hero and the allied forces that were fighting Shakryu of the seven demon lords came back to the country. (Farga)



..................What?



Wh, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? (????)

B, brother, is that true? Then in the meantime, Shakryu destroyed the kingdom of Bolbardie... (Forna)

Yeah, After that, the damn hero and allied forces went to fight. They couldn't kill the demon lord, chasing it all over. (Farga)



The demon army, is coming to this country? Why? What is the hero doing Wait, really?



Woah, just like I thought, those words started to cause a panic in the onlookers.



The guard at the border's been strengthened. This time it's General Taira's damn turn. (Farga)



For a while now, my heart that was supposed to be calm and at peace, has become uneasy. I’ve always felt indifferent to war, but is one going to start nearby?



Are those weird-looking bastards......Coming? Are they... to this country... (Velt)

Velt... (Forna)

Tch. This dumb bro. (Farga)



I suddenly recalled my mom and dad, and tightly clenched my fists. And then, Farga sent a high kick, right to my head.



Ow, wh-what the hell are you doing!? (Velt)

Little bro. You don’t need to overthink things. With the defenses at the border of this country, there’s no way that some shitty monster’ll make it to the capital. (Farga)

Wha?(Velt)

Besides, I’m here now. I won’t...... I won’t let something like that happen again. Whether or not it’s a demon, the demon king himself or...... even demi-humans. (Farga)



I involuntarily clicked my tongue. Farga’s expression didn’t change, but he tightly gripped the fork he was holding.



Farga, did you hear? About my mom and dad? (Velt)

I heard about what happened earlier. It was a pretty shitty surprise. Especially since those two took good care of me when I was young... (Farga)



Feeling somewhat angered, I found Farga’s words reliable...



As long as I’m in this country I won’t let those shitty bastards do something like that ever again... That’s why I won’t let you lose your family again, mark my words. (Farga)



As ever, he was someone with a terrible tongue and way of thinking, but in reality he had always been a really good guy, and because of that, I’m glad.



O-oi, Velt, is this guy really the prince? Or rather, is he actually a good guy? (Melma)

He really is the prince, and he really is someone good. Well, his tongue and the look in his eyes might make him seem like a mess, but he’s tolerable. (Velt)



It was more or less the truth. As a friend of my family, I felt that he was trustworthy. I don't want to turn him into an enemy, though.



But at that time, including me, nobody could have anticipated what was coming.


I was told that I absolutely did not have to do anything, even though the demon lord was coming, but exactly because it was the demon lord, I went all-out.



5 comments:

  1. This is a tsundere yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Nepu!!
     ∧_∧ 
    ( ・ω・)=つ≡つ🔥
    (っ ≡つ=つ🔥
    `/  )
    (ノΠU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously what's with the nobles in that country?? xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the chapter.^^

    シャークリュウ... It could be SharkRyuu aka Shark Dragon. Maybe he's the demon that has head as shark and scale like dragon, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No one, he's not a tsundere, just foul mouthed. How adorable. Thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete